See if You Might Qualify to Become a Habitat Homeowner
Habitat for Humanity is a Christian housing ministry financed through private donations and volunteer labor that builds simple, decent, affordable homes and sells these homes to selected applicants at no profit and low interest.
You may qualify if you meet these basic qualifications:
- Applicants must have a housing need. The need can be caused by overcrowding or inadequate or substandard conditions of the home.
- Applicants will have a minimum and maximum income to qualify for our program.
- Applicants must be credit worthy.
- Qualifying applicants must have a steady source of income so they can afford the modest monthly mortgage payment on a Habitat home.
- Homeowners must be willing to contribute 350 hours of volunteer labor or ‘sweat equity’ to build their home, other Habitat homes, or complete other work for Habitat for Humanity.
- Applicants must have lived or worked in our service area (Hood River, Wasco, or Klickitat) for a minimum of one year out of the last three years.